Veteran Services

Welcome to Dillard University Veterans and Veterans' Dependents, we would like to thank you for your service to our country!!! This page is designed to assist you with you Veteran Affairs as you matriculate at Dillard University.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us our stop our office.  Once again thank you for your service and thank you for choosing Dillard University!

Please follow these steps after being admitted to Dillard University:

  1. Complete and/or check the status of your online GI Bill application.
  2. Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to see if you qualify for additional student aid.  Check with the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships for aid eligibility.
  3. Once you have received the “Certificate of Eligibility” letter from the VA, submit it to the office Records and Registration.
  4. Register for your courses.
  5. As soon as you have registered for your courses, be sure to complete and submit your “Veteran Certification Request.  The Dillard University Request for Certification Form can also be submitted in person to our office, or scanned and emailed to
  6. Veteran education benefits are certified on a semester basis – be sure to complete the Dillard University Request for Certification Form each semester.

Note: If you have used VA education benefits previously at another university, you must complete VA Form 22-1995 (Request for Change of Program or Place of Training) through VONAPP (Veterans Online Application).

Cost and Financial Aid for Veterans and Veterans' Dependents

We offer personalized assistance for veterans seeking financial aid and general support.  The Office of Records and Registration serves as the contact for veterans and dependents benefits. 



Mr. Harold Cade II

Rosenwald Hall 116

Phone: 504-816-4309