Camphor Hall was named in honor of Bishop Alexander Priestly Camphor on May 18, 1947, College President and Missionary who was a noted Louisiana native, educator, missionary, and Methodist Episcopal Church bishop whose life was dedicated to helping youth in both America and Africa. The rooms are in a jack and jill style arrangement, where four students in two rooms share a shower and restroom.